We file and defend Civil appeals filed in the District Courts of Appeal after trial court rulings in the Florida County or Circuit Courts, or Federal district courts, and appellate rulings appealed to the Florida Supreme Court from a District Court of appeal. Examples of Civil appeals we handle are:
- Business or Contract disputes.
- Florida or Federal Constitutional claims.
- Discrimination cases, Religious, Racial, Disability, Etc.
- Appeals from Personal Injury or Med Mal Cases.
- Statutory Interpretation cases.
- Probate Cases.
- Injunctive relief cases.
- Property Disputes.
- Negligence or Intentional Tort cases.
- First Amendment or Defamation cases.
- Declaratory judgment cases.
- Election and Campaign law cases.
We also handle original Actions filed in the Appellate Courts, such as
- Writ of Prohibition
- Writ of Quo Waranto
- Writ of Mandamus
- Citizen Initiative Ballot and Title Summary Cases
- Amicus Briefs
- Motions for Stay
These are some examples, but if your type of appeal is not listed, please contact us and we will discuss if we can handle.
Also, do not forget that many winnable cases are lost before an appeal is ever filed, because the legal arguments needed to win were not preserved below. We can help with the preparing the record for appeal at the trial level.